About Us: 10 Reasons You Might Like It Here
We believe that there many things about our life and journey together here at Second Congregational United Church of Christ
that would make you want to be a part of it all. Here are just a few:
10. You're tired of simple answers to the difficult questions.
9. We've got an interesting, historic building that's located downtown near some really great restaurants and coffee shops... well, okay, this isn't Seattle...but they do have great fruit at the 320 Store.
8. We love the Harry Potter books too!
7. You're looking for a community where not everyone looks the same, talks alike, and believes the exact same things.
6. Sermons you can actually remember on the way home.
5. You not only want Jesus to be relevant to your life, but you want your life to be relevant to Jesus.
4. You're ready to make a difference in Rockford — more than just recycling and complaining about the schools.
3. You've reached a point in your life where you're interested in going to church despite the fact it will thrill your parents.
2. Christianity-lite just isn't doing it for you.
1. God is waiting... with open arms.
You might like to take a glance at the Top 10 Reasons to check out the United Church of Christ, too!
(back to Our Faith & Identity)